CECP's Global Exchange unites country-based, mission-driven corporate societal engagement organizations to advance the corporate sector as a force for good around the world. Including partners in 18 of the largest countries, the Global Exchange serves companies by building a body of knowledge on locally relevant corporate citizenship best practices through information sharing and collaborative research.
The Global Exchange recently released, in 18 countries around the world, an unparalleled international research project. The Global Insights at Scale report brings in unique insights and a global perspective that compares and contrasts how companies around the world are measuring and reporting their actions related to their ESG issues, community investments, and how certain factors are playing a role in social strategies companies plan to put forward.
Key findings of the report include:
- 81% of companies act on the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including using them as a framework for reporting, and integrating them into strategy.
- 59% of companies consider private-sector partnerships sufficiently important to be included in reporting to their CEO/senior executives.
- Companies that prioritize the use of SDGs increased by more than 20% compared to last year.
- Community investments increased for 58% of companies over the last 3 years.
- Findings of an in-depth analysis of Bloomberg’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data of the top 3000 global companies by revenue size.
The cross-country insights presented in the report reflect an effort by 18 Global Exchange partners, nearly 200 companies headquartered in 23 countries, and additional CECP affiliated companies. The findings can be leveraged and use as part of your conversations with companies, presentations, or any opportunity where you are looking to bring in unique insights and a global lens that compares and contrasts how companies headquartered around the world are measuring and reporting on their ESG endeavors and social investments.