Starting April 1, join Points of Light and organizations around the world for a unified kickoff to celebrate Global Volunteer Month. You can shine a light on volunteers, as well as people who take action in other areas of Points of Light’s Civic Circle, who combine their powers to create change. We know there are great challenges facing the communities where we live and work, and we believe that putting a spotlight on those doing good will inspire others to take action.
Global Volunteer Month is an opportunity to further engage your employees and recognize the power of people to tackle society’s greatest challenges, to build stronger, more vibrant communities, and take action that changes the world. Below we are sharing our plan to drive Global Volunteer Month forward, the resources we’ve developed to help get others involved, and what you can do to participate and spread the word.
How Your Organization Can Participate
- On April 1, 2022, amplify your existing social impact work and showcase your employee volunteers and the impact they have year-round in the communities you serve around the world. Share your company’s volunteer stories on social media using hashtag #GlobalVolunteerMonth and tag @PointsofLight to inspire others in your community and around the world.
- Download the Global Volunteer Month toolkit for tools, tips and resources to help you participate in Global Volunteer Month.
- Send a letter from senior leadership highlighting your company's volunteer excellence. Find those samples right here.
- Share the Volunteer edition of our Civic Life Today digital magazine with employees.
- Contact your local Points of Light affiliate to learn what your community needs and how your corporate volunteers can help.
- Search our database for volunteer opportunities, or our Virtual Volunteer Guide, and don’t forget to check out our DIY projects that volunteers can do from home.
- And use our resources on the Community for Employee Civic Engagement to help recognize the impact and resilience of your employee volunteers throughout this past year.
Throughout the month, thanks to our lead sponsor, Phillips 66, we’ll be highlighting individuals and organizations that are making a difference in their communities. Read stories from 2021’s Global Volunteer Month for inspiration here.
Learn more at https://www.pointsoflight.org/global-volunteer-month/
Share your favorite quote about service in the comments below!