What if you could take your company – regardless of its operational size or revenue model — beyond profit? People, profit and planet can be prioritized throughout all lines of business when considering a more socially- focused business model. B Corp™ certified companies do just that! These mission-driven companies balance purpose and profit and meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
Through the B Impact Assessment tool, companies are evaluated based on how their operations and business model impact their workers, community, environment, customers and governance – from the materials used in your products to your charitable giving and employee benefits. The assessment provides companies with data to understand where they excel, where they can improve and how to get there.
Why should your company consider becoming B Corp Certified?
Here are a few reasons from B Lab™, the organization that is responsible for certifying B Corp™ companies (read more):
- Attract People with Passion – Now, more than ever, workers are choosing to work for companies that reflect their values. There’s no better way to attract and engage mission-aligned talent than to verify your values with B Corp Certification.
- More Than a Logo - The third-party validation that comes with B Corp Certification helps your company stand out and stand by your mission. The B Corp seal differentiates good companies from what is just good marketing. The seal empowers individuals and clients to confidently vote with their dollars.
- Continue to Hold Your Company Accountable - You’ve been doing the work — and there’s always more to do! Continued use of the B Impact Assessment helps your company set goals, track performance, and engage other departments along the way.
- Protect Your Mission and Legacy - Make sure your company is built on a solid legal foundation for the long term. The B Corp legal framework helps you protect your mission so that you can continue to change the world while not letting the world change your business.
- Build Relationships - Join a community of business leaders who share your beliefs. Together the B Corp community is addressing our most pressing social and environmental problems. Connect online, meet in person at events, or build client and vendor relationships within a powerful community of practice. Our online platform, the B Hive, connects over 4,000 B Corps and 25,000 mission aligned professionals.
Small Business B Corp™ Case Studies
See how other small businesses have benefited from their B Corp Certification:
Learn More and Take the Next Step
The easy-to-use B Corp Certification Guide specifically designed for small and medium size businesses will help you navigate the process and understand steps to take to become a B Corp certified.